Sunday, November 2, 2008

Grandma, Babysitting and Former Jobs

So my grandma officially does not have a brain tumor, yay! But, she thinks that she's dying. So she's asking my mom for her two other siblings and their kids. Well, the doctor thinks that she's going to be fine - she just has diverticulitis. So her appetite has definitely decreased. The doctor doesn't think that there's a bleed in her lower abdomen somewhere, but we'll know for sure tomorrow when they do a colonoscopy.

I babysat miss Emi tonight. She is soooo cute! And she was pretty much an angel! She never got fussy and she never did anything terribly wrong. She just washed her hands about 16 times in 5 hours! Haha. She even went to sleep without any fuss! Easy! I would babysit her again anytime!

I wanted to ask Tiffany about The Allison Firm and I didn't get to. Apparently there was some confusion about my leave from the firm last summer. My cousin told me that Tiffany was angry that I left a week early. Well, here's the true story - I gave them a THREE weeks notice. I came in at the start of the last week (the third week) and my code for the door didn't work. I clocked in as usual and went back to the paralegal to get my task for the day. She was surprised to see me and asked what I was doing there. I explained to her that I had given them a three weeks notice and she said that they weren't planning on me being there and that they had set my leave date two weeks after I gave them my three weeks notice. So I left! They didn't need me! No more job. Well, I heard that Tiffany thought that it was wrong of me to leave early.

The reason I bring this up is because I've been wanting to ask her ever since Erin told me that, one. And I didn't get the job at Oneok, Inc. And the interviewer, the VP from Oneok, asked me point blank that if he asked The Allison Firm how they would appraise me as an employee what they would say. Red Flag. Then he asked me if I had talked to them since I had left. Another red flag. I'm definitely going to take them off of my resume - unfortunately because it looks really good on a law school app.

So I think that I might send her an e-mail or give her a call soon just to ask.

Ok well I'm pooped after all of this and diplomacy talk too. So I'm going to bed yo! Don't forget to set your clocks back!

No comments: