Monday, November 10, 2008

Pre-Sleep Thoughts

Has anyone ever played the game Diplomacy? Next question - has anyone ever played the game Diplomacy for a grade, where the winner gets full credit (A) and the loser (no matter how hard they tried) gets an F? Yea, well that's my Negotiations class in a nutshell.

The other problem I have is that it has turned us into suspicious, competitive people :( People that were my friends are now going behind my back and getting angry and upset over this stupid game! Myself included. I don't think that it's fair, especially when people are unwilling to communicate. How can you negotiate with someone that won't communicate? Answer - you can't. And that royally sucks when my grade depends on it. Hmph. :(

Have you ever gotten a backhanded compliment? Don't you just love those haha. It's actually an insult disguised as a compliment. I had one given to me recently - " I see that you're going to law school next semester, that's awesome. Where are you going? That's amazing by the way". See what I mean? Love it!

Have you ever thought that Obama could be the anti-christ? Come on, we've all thought it haven't we?!? LOL Even the news media says that he'll be the person to unite the political parties and relationships with other countries. I don't know...it's probably rubbish. It's in God's hands.

Have you ever wondered if you've either got too much on your plate or it you're just lazy? I am. I quit my job, a good one, at US Cellular. I've got three papers, three presenations, club meetings, orchestra concerts, and an LSAT with a very expensive online study course with 35 hours worth of online videos waiting for me - all leading up to December. It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks. Then come end of December I will have law school apps to fill out. BUT, I will also have VACATION! Yay! Hopefully, as in, I hope that my mom will EVENTUALLY make the arrangements.

My eyes are tired so I'm going to go to bed.

2 comments:

luke said...

I wouldn't worry too much about Obama. Nero, Diocletian, Julian, Caligula, Titus, Simon Magus, Simon the son of Giora, the High Priest Ananias, Vitellius, the Jews, the Pharisees, and the Jewish zealots have been variously identified with the Antichrist; also Hitler, Pope John Paul II, and probably every U.S. President in history. ;)

I'll pray for strength and wisdom for your busy weeks coming up. ;)

FHL_Always said...

Thanks :)

I'm not too worried...it was just a fleeting thought. I actually heard someone on KHits say that...it's what made me think of it. Wasn't Ceasar the original antichrist? Or am I wrong?