Monday, April 20, 2009

The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler


So I watched "The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler" last night on CBS. If you want to know more about her look at one of my previous posts -- I guess this should be a part 2 haha.


O my gosh, I cried through the whole last half of the movie. Here is someone that I believe is a true hero. Someone that, even after saving 2500 children and risking her own life (and almost losing it) said I wish I could have saved more. Wow.


She is the embodiment of who I want to be. She was Jesus to those little children who desperately needed saving, those Jewish mothers and fathers that could barely give them up, and those Polish families that graciously took them in. Those people know what God's love is because she loved them. She didn't try to convert them to Christianity, she didn't try to pick the prettiest Jewish child, she didn't have them pass a test first...she just loved them and stepped up to help when no one else would. How many times did I hear her say last night "I love you and I will never stop loving you" and how many times did a child say back to her "I love you". What a beautiful beautiful thing!!! She inspires me and I hope that I can somehow make a difference as well.


No comments: